Together, we can. Together, we will!
It was another great week here at RM Bacon Elementary School!
Our annual Fall Halloween Frolic was another huge success. It was teamwork all around as staff members, students (from Bacon and Millville High School), parents, members of the community, and local businesses stepped up to help make this a great Frolic.
Special thanks to...
- Our students for helping set up and clean up when it was all said and done
- Students from MHS and Millville Police Department officers and explorers for working the stations
- The Millville Fire Department for use of their light tower
- Members of the Cumberland County Sheriff's Office for providing security for the event
- The parents who came early and stayed late to help set up and run various activities
- The Bacon staff for planning, setting up, reaching out to parents and community members, and doing the million things needed to get this done. We'd also like to thank our awesome custodial crew for helping sort out the aftermath.
A big shout-out to Tep's Power Equipment (www.tepspower.com) for lending us a generator for the event free of charge. Check them out at 1007 N. High St. in Millville. Bacon school thanks you, and we appreciate your generosity.
Truly, the Frolic was an all-hands-on-deck event, and Bacon school is fortunate to have such able and willing helping hands at times like these. Thank you all!
Speaking of the Millville Fire Department -- members of the MFD were here on Thursday and Friday to teach our students about fire safety. Thank you for your dedication to our students and community.
We are rolling into one of the busier times of the year. Please check the dates below. Updates may occur, so stay tuned.
Our PBIS Pep Rally is on Monday. Respect will be this month's focus.
To those trick-or-treating on Tuesday - be safe. Millville times are 4-7.
Staff - don't forget your SGOs are due Tuesday. Also, our staff meeting is Wednesday this week, not the usual Thursday.
The Week Ahead
Monday (10/30): B Day - lesson plans due, PBIS Pep Rally (2 pm)
Tuesday (10/31): C day - SGOs due, costume parade (2 pm), CLUB 21 CANCELLED, Millville Trick-or-Treat 4-7 pm
Wednesday (11/1): D day - Staff Meeting (8 am in the library), Workout Wednesday
Thursday (11/2): E day - A great day of learning and fun
Friday (11/3): A day - Wear Bacon gear
Important November Dates:
- Nov 8 - 3rd grade physicals
- Nov 9-10 - NO SCHOOL (NJEA Convention)
- Nov 14 - Bacon FEAST
- Nov 17 - 1:45 dismissal, parent/teacher conferences from 2:15 pm - 3:30 pm
- Nov 20-21 - 1:45 dismissal, parent teacher conferences from 6 pm - 8:15 pm
- Nov 22 - Color Run, 1:45 dismissal, NO PM LATCH KEY
- Nov 23-24 - NO SCHOOL (Thanksgiving break)
Pictures from around the School