Focusing on Today, Tomorrow and the Future!
Millville Public Schools is on a 90 minute delay for Monday, March 2, 2015. 5th graders will take Part 1 of the PARCC on Tuesday, March 3.
This week our students in 5th grade begin taking the PARCC. We are asking all students to ensure they arrive on time, and especially the 5th graders, to be focused for the assessment. The PARCC will be taking place on the 3rd floor in rooms 9, 10 and 14. The PARCC will last from 9:45 AM to about 11:30 AM Monday through Friday. Internet usage should be kept to a minimum during this time. Best of luck to all the students taking the PARCC!
Students in grades K -2 will be participating in Read Across America this week. There are a few activities planned each afternoon. In addition, the teachers have been busy decorating their door based on their favorite book. We will post the pictures next week in the RM Bacon Weekly.
Read Across America (K-2)
Monday- Book- How the Grinch Stole Christmas “Feeling Grinchy Monday”
- Wear green from head to toe!
Tuesday- Book- Fox in Socks
-Wear your craziest socks!
Wednesday- Book- Wacky Wednesday
-Crazy hair day
Thursday- Book-My Many Colored Days
-Mismatched clothes/Inside-out day
Friday- The Cat in the Hat
-Dress like your favorite Dr. Seuss (or storybook) character.
HSA Fundraiser Information - Support our School
Cheesecake - Cheesecake sale now through March 19, 2015. Cost is $20.00 for all cakes EXCEPT Sampler and Sugar Free $23.00 (checks made payable to Bacon HSA). Pick up will be March 31,2015.
Yankee Candle - Start week of March 9th and goes through March 30th. This will be a great way to get your Mother's Day gifts.
Wawa Hoagie Sale - This fundraiser is ongoing. You can get your Wawa Hoagie Tickets from the HSA.
Pictures from around the school
|Mr. Frank with the snowblower|
|Dr. Cook and Ms. Spiels at Morning Duty|
|Dr. Cook and Ms. Ford at Morning Duty|
|Taking care of the Guinea Pigs|
|4th graders reading newspapers|
|Dominick playing with fake sand after earning 100% on Spelling Test|
|3rd graders presenting their African American History Research|
Healthy Tip of the Week - Kylie
Have you ever tasted a strawberry and banana smoothie? I have, I love the taste of the red juicy strawberries. The little crunched up ice makes it even better. So now do you want to learn how to make a strawberry banana smoothie? I think so. Now let’s get started.
- First go to the store and get fresh strawberries and bananas. Then get white grape juice and if you want strawberry and banana yogurt will do excellent. Now you need 1 cup ice as well.
- Now you peel the 1 banana and cut of the green stem on the strawberry. Put 3 or more strawberries in the blender and the banana.
- Now put the white grape juice in and the yogurt if you want it. Then add the ice. Now click the button on how you want it, like you can have it thick or whatever you want. Put the lid on and and blend it.
- Now it is done and you can open the lid and pore the smoothie in the cup and for a decoration put a strawberry on the slit of the cup. Now you are done .
- Did you enjoy your smoothie? Did you taste the strawberry plus the banana and the crushed up ice? Did it make you feel good? It did when I tasted it. I love it. Now you know how to make a strawberry and banana smoothie.
Monday - D Day -
PARCC Testing, 5th grade, 9:45 - 11:30 (estimated) Door Decoration Contest, K-2; Wear Green (K-2 only)
Tuesday - E Day - PARCC Testing, 5th grade, 9:45 - 11:30 (estimated); Crazy Socks; (K-2 only)
Wednesday - A Day - PARCC Testing, 5th grade, 9:45 - 11:30 (estimated); Crazy Hair; (K-2 only)
Thursday - B Day -Staff Meeting, 8:00 AM; PARCC Testing, 5th grade, 9:45 - 11:30 (estimated); Mismatched clothes, or inside out (K-2 only)
Friday - C Day - PARCC Testing, 5th grade, 9:45 - 11:30 (estimated); Dress like your favorite Dr. Seuss (or storybook) Character (K-2 only)