2017 started with an exciting bang. From school-wide learning and student engagement to our first dusting of snow, the winter season here at Bacon wasted no time in getting down to business. This week's highlights include:
- STEM planning and activities happening in 5th grade
- Whole-staff PLC planning and articulation
- A thoughtful conversation of the PBIS process - what's working, what could be better, and what needs further consideration
- Speaking of PBIS - sharing with the staff a reduction in disciplinary majors and minors for the month of December
- A slight revision and refocus of our school goals (math and language arts)
- Analysis by the principal and instructional coach of benchmark data
- Our first shot of real winter weather (had to throw this in for our winter weather fans)
The week ahead
We have a some important meetings coming up this week. I&RS and Healthy Schools will carry on their important work of making Bacon a continued place of learning and healthy living.
The PBIS events planning committee (which is open to anyone) will be meeting to plan our January PBIS Pep Rally assembly.
As always, Dare to be Fit will be meeting on Wednesday morning. Staff, you are always welcome to come exercise with our students, Mrs. Bingham, and Nurse Pruett.
Everyone have a great week. Keep working hard, keep being great, and keep smiling! 2017 is going to be our year! Do you want it? Do you believe it? Will you do what it takes? We can do it - together, we can. Together, we will.
Pictures from around the School
|Mrs. DeVita and two friends starting off the day with a smile|
|Mrs. DiGiorgio had a great birthday - Bacon style|
|I wonder what this scene looks like now? We'll find out soon.|
|Ms. O'Neill and her twin friends sharing their birthdays together|
|STEM activity with Mrs. Muhlbaier and Mr. Drewnowski|
Weekly overview (be sure to check the official school calendar)
Monday (1/9): B day - Lesson plans due
Tuesday (1/10): C day - I&RS meeting, Healthy Schools meeting
Wednesday (1/11): D day - Dare to be Fit (8 am in the gym), Workout Wednesday
Thursday (1/12): E day - PBIS events planning meeting (8 am in the library)
Friday (1/13): A day - Wear Bacon Gear