The Regional Achievement Center (RAC) visited RM Bacon on Thursday, November 29. I am pleased to report that they absolutely loved our school. Here are a few of the reasons:
- Unlike any of the other schools they visited, RM Bacon has a defined social media presence that seeks parent, student, and teacher collaboration and communication
- Our Climate and Culture- RM Bacon has embarked on a few new initiatives this year to engage parents and community members through Bacon University, Mural Projects, and Home and School events
- Video Projects - RM Bacon was selected to participate in 2 video projects to assist other teachers with improving classroom instruction (EnVisions Math and ASCD)
- Unlike other schools they visited, RM Bacon has a more student driven classroom environment
- Learning Centers are clearly defined, and added to the student-centered classrooms
- Students were on task and were able to articulate objectives
- Basic Skills Intervention uses student data to inform instruction
- Teachers displayed great questioning techniques, appropriate use of the SMART Boards, and high level Blooms questioning
I am so proud of our Bacon Family! But, I will offer a word of caution- We still have a LOT of WORK to do! Students and teachers will need to continually challenge themselves to make sure that we prove to the world in May that Impossible Is Nothing! We need to improve our NJASK scores! We will do it, together!!!!
We have a few changes to our regular schedule this week. We are calling this week "Chorus Week." Mrs. Simpson, in an effort to minimize classroom disruptions, has been working with the students in the classroom on the Winter Concert musical pieces. This week she will have double practices each day (9:20 AM - 10:00 AM, and again at 3:00 - dismissal). Next Tuesday (December 11) is the Winter Concert. Make sure to mark your calenders.
After several reschedules, the Fire Company will be visiting RM Bacon on Tuesday to make sure all the students get an opportunity to tour the Fire House. On Friday, the Nurse will be taking selected students to the Motor Park for the Annual Coats for Kids.
Video of the Week:
Mr. Hudson's kids kicked out the 19th Century School desks, and recreated their learning environment to model 21st Century learning. Here is the video they made about the change:
Monday - Chorus Practice (9:20 AM - 10:00 AM; 3:00 PM - Dismissal)
Tuesday - Fire Company visits; Chorus Practice (9:20 AM - 10:00 AM; 3:00 PM - Dismissal)
Wednesday - Chorus Practice (9:20 AM - 10:00 AM; 3:00 PM - Dismissal)
Thursday - Staff Meeting, 8:00 AM; Chorus Practice (9:20 AM - 10:00 AM; 3:00 PM - Dismissal)
Friday - Chorus Practice (9:20 AM - 10:00 AM; 3:00 PM - Dismissal) Coats for Kids
Impossible is Nothing!