Sunday, June 30, 2013

July 1 - 5

Bacon Bears,

Office hours this week:
Monday - 8:00 AM - 3:30 PM
Tuesday - 8:00 AM - 3:30 PM
Wednesday - 8:00 AM - 3:30 PM
Thursday - July 4th Holiday - School is closed
Friday - 8:00 AM - 3:30 PM

The summer projects continue. Mr. Frank and his crew are moving through the third floor. So much progress has been made in such a short time.
Hallways are stuffed while classrooms get cleaned! 


The weather this summer has been quite volatile. The other day as I was leaving the school, I took this picture of an incoming storm:
The summer weather has been volatile 

Our summer program continues to inspire our students. Here are some pictures from this week as they learned about data-driven instruction, team work and math!





Here is a great video of my friend Adam Bellow (follow him on twitter) giving the closing remarks at this year's ISTE13 Conference. Not only does he display the new google glasses, he invites us to "change the world!" Who is ready to change the world?
(His speech begins at 22 minutes)



Over the weekend, I read a brilliant blog post by another friend, Jessica Johnson (follow her on twitter). Her piece really made me want to apply for a new job.... Lead Learner of RM Bacon Elementary... I put my request into Dr. Gentile and Dr. Moore. I am waiting to hear if I could be the Lead Learner. Take a few minutes to read this post and you will know why. 
What Does it Meant to be a "Lead Learner"? by Jessica Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment