Sunday, April 3, 2016

April 4 - April 8, 2016


I hope everyone had a relaxing break.  We are excited to have you back and ready to get back to learning!  We would like to welcome Mr. Coyle to R.M. Bacon as our new principal!

Meet Mr. Coyle

I'm 38 years old, formerly vice principal at Lakeside where I also taught for 10 years.  I have a         wife named Kelsey and an almost 2 year old daughter named Adelyn.  Family time = #1!!



In my spare time I like to read, I play guitar, bass, piano, and my newest instrument is the drums. I play video games (I know, grow up right?),  I like the boardwalk and beach, diners, pizza, and I was at one time a trained weather spotter (I need to renew my certification). I also teach adult Sunday School at my church.  I like to hike when I get the chance, and my wife and I enjoy traveling and trying new things. 

Couldn't be happier to call Bacon my new home! I'll be laying out some of my guiding philosophies at the staff meeting on Thursday. 


Coach’s Corner by Mr. Hudson

Although the week before Spring Break was a short one, there were still exciting learning activities going on by the staff involving math, reading, STEM, and Easter. Ms. Montecino from the High School along with Mrs. Procopio brought over students that are in the National Honor Society to read to our K-2 students. Each class was greeted by the high school students and left with a bag of books for the classroom library. Bacon School students enjoyed the readings that were done by the high school students and were excited to see all of the new additions to their classroom library.






















In addition to this, students in grades 3-5 completed a PARCC infrastructure trial.  This allowed for the students and teachers to see how the upcoming PARCC assessment will look and be implemented.  Overall, the entire process ran smooth with very few glitches.  Mrs. Spanbauer and I will continue to make sure the students and teachers are ready prior to testing beginning.  Mark your calendars as PARCC testing begins…..Monday, April 11th for fifth grade, Friday, April 15th for fourth, and Thursday, April 21st for third grade.  Enjoy your week!!!


Weekly Overview


Monday - D Day - Welcome Mr. Coyle!
Tuesday - E Day - Another Awesome Day at Bacon
Wednesday - A Day - Wellness Wednesday, American Heart Association National Walking Day
Thursday - B Day - Staff Meeting 8:00am, Staff vs. Winner Hockey Game 2:15pm
Friday - C Day - NutriBullet Conclusion (4th Grade)

No comments:

Post a Comment