Friday, April 29, 2016

May 2 - May 6, 2016


Bacon Bears,

The word above says and means so much.  During his time here at Bacon, Ryan Hudson has given it and gotten it...and it was well-earned.  And so, without further delay, we kick off this week's blog with a special Coach's Corner.

Coach’s Corner by Mr. Hudson
I want to first start off by saying, “Thank you to the students, parents, and staff of R. M. Bacon School family!”  This is my final blog post as a member of the Bacon School family.  Starting on May 9th, I will be at Lakeside as the 8th grade vice-principal.  I will always remember my 11 years at Bacon School and never forget where I began my career.  Bacon School has helped me grow as a person, father, and as an educator. 
To the students, thank you for letting me be myself.  Throughout my time at Bacon, we laughed, played jokes on one another, and grew as a school family.  Words cannot express how thankful I am that I had a chance each and every day to learn from you, just as you learned from me.  I wish each of you nothing but success and look forward to seeing you in a few more years at Lakeside.  Please continue to be awesome!!
To the parents, thank you for allowing me to work with your son/daughter.  I can honestly say, it was my pleasure.  I hope when your child looks back on their educational journey they can say that I was able to have a positive impact in their life.  I appreciate all of you the support you gave me throughout my time at Bacon School.  You can trust me when I say, your children are in great hands with the staff at Bacon School. 
                To the staff, I cannot begin to thank you for all of your support that you have given me throughout my career.  The relationships that I built with you has helped me develop into the educator I am today.  I always felt welcomed and came in the next day more excited than the previous.  The memories from Bacon School will stick with me forever.  This school truly allowed me to be myself and share my passion for education with everyone.  I will miss laughing with you all and being a part of the Bacon School family.  From the bottom of my heart Bacon School, I will miss you and wish you nothing but the best!!!!





Thank you, Ryan.  You have truly made a difference here at Bacon, and we all know you'll take your energy and talents to Lakeside and do great things.  We wish you continued success and happiness - you deserve it.

Bacon school had another successful week.  PARCC is finished, the staff are back to creating awesome lessons and learning environments, and the students are engaged and learning.


The 5th grade class had a blast at the Riverfront Renaissance Center for the Arts and Levoy Theater for Multicultural Week presentations. Special thanks to Robert Trivellini for coordinating this wonderful event, and a huge thanks to the fine people at the arts center and theater for sharing their time and talents with our students.  Also, a big shout out to all the students from the Millville Senior High School who taught our 5th graders about history and culture.  Great job to all involved!





Eggs, eggs, and more eggs hatched and hatched here at Bacon.  The students have been doing a fantastic job caring for the newly hatched chicks, and they even got to learn about science and nature while doing it.

Butterflies that took up temporary residence in a 1st grade class were released to the wild this week.  They were initially cared for as caterpillars, and the students were able to see their metamorphosis into beautiful butterflies.  Since they were released into our school's butterfly garden, we hope they will stick around for awhile.


This week, Bacon also successfully completed a fire drill evacuation and a school lock down drill.  The students were superb, they took the exercises seriously, and the staff ensured they quickly and orderly followed the protocols for each drill.  Excellent job, everyone.

In other news, on 5/2 (this Monday), we will be having some special guests here at Bacon.  First responers from our city and county will stop by and eat lunch with the students.  We are looking forward to spending time with the men and woman of our community who help keep us safe.


Please note - Bacon Alumni Night has been postponed until 5/20.  If you are interested in attending, please sign up ASAP!  Call the school or contact us on Facebook by clicking here.


Pictures from around the school
Learning origami at the arts center

Learning origami at the arts center

Giving a medieval shield replica a test run

Art and History lesson from a senior high student
Making musical instruments

Happiness
Joy

Wonder
Contentment


Nature!


Birthday Selfies!

Harmony Froding

Prophettes Johnson-Adams



Weekly overview (be sure to check the official school calendar) 
Monday: D day - "May Day" lunch with the first responders, healthy schools zumba with Mom  (after school)
Tuesday: E day - National Teachers' Day
Wednesday: A day - Bear Bucks Store
Thursday: B day - Another great day a Bacon
Friday: C day - Wear Bacon gear

No comments:

Post a Comment